Every garden needs a fountain – Period. Besides the obvious aesthetic appeal and beauty, fountains also add value to your property. If you plan to get one for your garden, below are the 10 things you need to know.
- Source of power. Hardwired garden fountains are an obvious choice, but if you want to get something better, go for a solar-powered one, which is also eco-friendly. Yes, the designs can be expensive, but this is a better choice, keeping the increasing cost of energy in mind.
- The price. Expectedly, the price of a garden fountain is higher than that of an indoor one. In fact, bigger the fountain, higher is the price. Before you go ahead and look for options, do consider what you can spend.
- Material matters. Since we are talking about garden fountains here, stone is an ideal choice. Concrete designs are also decent for a lower budget. If you are looking for something really unique, go for bronze and copper designs, which add a decent contrast to the exteriors.
- Need for lighting. Some of the outdoor fountains come with lighting, while for others, you may have to spend additionally. However, adding extra lights around the fountain will allow you and your family to enjoy the evenings and late nights better.
- Consider the location. For garden fountains, it is always better to select a place where it can be seen. Exclusive designs are great, but if you want to save some money, go for a tiered one, which is best placed in the center of the garden.
- Do you need added décor elements? A lot of homeowners prefer to decorate their fountains further, often using plants, which may add to the costs. Talk to your seller to understand what may work best for your selected design.
- Go for a re-circulating pump. With a re-circulating pump, you can save considerable amount of water each day. It also helps in keeping a check on the water bills. In any case, you should consider the overall use of water for the fountain.
Finally, do not forget about maintenance. With outdoor and garden fountains, you have to pay more attention to the maintenance. If you are too lazy to do all of that, you may have to hire professionals for the cleaning work once in few months, which should be a part of your budget. To find the best deals and discounts on garden fountains, check online now!