According to Mark Roemer Oakland, while buying new home furniture may seem simple, you’ll regret your decisions unless you give it a good thought. Let’s check out what you should do while buying new home furniture:
- Get the right measurements – Before you buy new furniture, you need to get the right measurements. There have been numerous instances where people buy all kinds of furniture for their home in a sale and had to return most of them since they didn’t measure things out. Getting measurements is a lot simpler compared to returning your new furniture and bearing extra shipping costs.
- Make sure the furniture and the walls have contrasting colors – When you buy a new set of furniture for any room in your home, make sure that it makes a striking contrast with the color of the walls. If your furniture and walls have the same cream color, everything will blend in and look clumsy without any character. Analyze the color of your walls and get a color palette. While you shop around for furniture, you can use the color palette to check for contrast. You don’t need to do this if you plan to renovate your home and paint the walls later.
- Don’t chase gimmicks – While you shop for furniture, you’ll come across enticing offers that seem too good to be true. It is true that you’ll save a few bucks when you buy furniture at a sale. However, premium and well-designed furniture are rarely up for sale. They all get sold before the sale period. A seller announces a sale when he or she needs to clear inventory and make room for new furniture at the store or at the warehouse.
- Treat furniture purchases as fixed cost – When you buy furniture, you need to set a budget for yourself. However, it’s important to not be too stingy and prioritize quality over price. While you set a budget, keep it flexible. There are a wide variety of furniture pieces that would fit in your budget range.
Those that don’t, may compromise on quality, durability, material, or something else. Even if the furniture that feels and looks amazing is right outside that budget range, you can go for the purchase. After all, furniture purchases are fixed costs and when you invest in a good piece of couch or bed, it can last you generations.
- Modern or vintage – Be careful while you choose the style of your furniture. If you have a modern room decor and paint finish on the wall, you may want to stick to modern industrial and minimal Scandinavian-style furniture. Otherwise, you can opt for premium quality vintage furniture made from exquisite solid wood. While they are expensive, they add a lot of warmth and elegance to your home.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you use the above-mentioned tips to figure out the best way for buying new home furniture, from measurements to the style and finish, everything needs to be perfect.